Rainbow Six Siege is a team-based tactical shooter set in an indoor environment. It is a 5v5 asymmetrical confrontation, between Attackers and Defenders, that encompasses a battle between fortification and breaching.
Rainbow Six is an elite team composed of members of the best Special Forces units from around the globe:
- The British SAS
- The American SWAT
- The French GIGN
- The German GSG9
- The Russian Spetsnaz
Trained to operate in tight formations in indoor environments, they are experts of close quarter combat, demolition, and coordinated assaults.
The Siege is a brand-new style of gameplay embracing the reality of counter-terrorist operatives across the world: intense and asymmetrical close-quarters combat between attackers and defenders.
- As a defender, you will have the means to transform your environment into strongholds to prevent the attackers from breaching.
- As an attacker, you will have many planning options to face this challenge and defuse these situations.
- The Siege
- With the Siege as a gameplay concept in mind, both sides are given time and tools to prepare for the upcoming assault, leading to a tug-of-war between fortification and destruction.
- Attackers observe, then assault a fortified position from one of several points of entry, with the goal of completing their objective.
- Defenders fortify their objective location, then attempt to prevent the Attackers from completing their mission.
- Match Flow
- The two teams will get to alternate between attacking and defending. The team with the most points wins (best out of 5 rounds).
- During the Planning Phase, Attackers will choose their Attacker Operators and select their loadouts.
- In the Preparation Phase, Attackers will be scouting ahead with remote drones to assess the situation and recon valuable intel on the enemy’s position, the objective location, and established :*fortifications.
- During the Action Phase, Attackers will attempt to complete their objective, before the time limit expires, or eliminate the enemy team.
- During the Planning Phase, Defenders will choose their Defender Operators and select their loadouts.
- In the Preparation Phase, Defenders get time to prepare for the upcoming assault: they can fortify the objective location and its perimeter, molding their environment to their advantage.
- During the Action Phase, Defenders will fight to prevent objective completion or eliminate the incoming threat.
- One life
- No Respawns. Make sure that you make your life count. Make sure that your risks are calculated. This is applicable to all modes of Rainbow Six (PvP, PvE, and Situations).
- Raise Your Clearance Level
- Gain XP by playing the game. The more XP you gain, the higher your Clearance Level. Clearance Levels grant you access to more content.
- Accumulate Renown
- As you play the game, you will also gain Renown. You can use Renown to unlock Operators, and acquire attachments and weapon skins.